Mt Stirling is simply breathtaking. As an untouched alpine environment, its natural beauty provides the perfect backdrop to experience a vast array of exciting and rewarding activities.
As a true adventure playground, Mt Stirling has something to offer everyone – from school groups and families, to naturalists and outdoor enthusiasts.
It is the only Victorian alpine resort with a largely undeveloped and unspoilt true alpine summit, offering a readily accessible ‘semi-wilderness’ experience for visitors. This fact, combined with the resort’s wealth and diversity of environmental characteristics and its close proximity to Melbourne (230 km), makes Mt Stirling unique in the Australian Alps.
The summit at Mt Stirling is located at 1749 metres and offers a 360 degree panoramic view of surrounding mountain ranges. The breathtaking high country landscape features sub-alpine Alpine Ash forests, Snow Gum woodlands and wide expanses of alpine meadows that are simply stunning during summer and winter.
To preserve the natural beauty of Mt Stirling and protect its native flora and fauna, visitors are reminded that domestic cats and dogs are not permitted within the resort.
Whether you want to cruise along at a leisurely pace or take on an exhilarating cross country ride, Mt Stirling can accommodate all ages and capabilities. The trails are free to use and range from easy to moderate.
Mt Stirling features a variety of terrain, with some trails including challenging technical features and obstacles. Most trails are also open to other mountain visitors, including walkers, horse riders and 4-Wheel Drives, so please ride appropriately and be courteous to other trail users.
Hit the trails with your own bike, or hire some equipment and join a tour. It’s a great way to experience Mt Stirling first hand!
For further information contact Mansfield’s own All Terrain Cycles:
Mt Buller Alpine Village offers a host of accommodation options including luxurious hotels, private lodges, an alpine spa retreat, and modern apartments. With 7000 beds available in the resort, Mt Buller has more on mountain accommodation than any other Victorian Ski area.
- 263 hectares of spectacular terrain for skiing and snowboarding plus extensive cross country trails on Mt Stirling
- Largest lifting capacity of any Victorian ski area with a network of 25 lifts
- Fun on the snow – snowshoeing tobogganing, snow tubing and snowplay
- The Mt Buller Village Cinema – Australia’s highest cinema –
- Indulge yourself at the Alpine Spa retreat – Breathtaker on High Alpine Spa Retreat
- National Alpine Museum
- Indoor sports complex offering abseiling, rock climbing, tennis and basketball
- Indulge in sumptuous mountain cuisine at host of Mt Buller’s famous restaurants, cafes and bars
- Iconic Craig’s Hut at Clear Hills made famous in the movie The Man from Snowy River
- Incredible high country scenery for hiking, bushwalking and horse riding.
- Unique alpine flora and fauna including a number of protected species.
- Horse Hill Chairlift – catch the exhilarating view from the scenic chairlift
- Exhilarating 4WD tracks for an exciting way to explore the High Country off road
- Legendary bike trails whether you ride at leisurely pace of blaze of a downhill trail
- Mt Buller’s new outdoor tennis court – Enjoy an invigorating game of tennis with great views.
- Mt Buller’s many bars and restaurants open in summer – indulge in delicious mountain cuisine and local wines.